Health Development Initiative
WE SUPPORT THE COMMUNITIES TO REACH THEIR FULL HEALTHY POTENTIAL
HDI offers diverse and specialized programs including:
- Capacity building for health workers, communities, organizations, corporate bodies, schools, faith-based groups; on improving quality of health service deliveries, and Reducing morbidity and mortality.
- Health promotion and preventive strategies/initiatives on communicable and non-communicable diseases(NCDs) through awareness creation, Health Campaigns, outreaches and reaching the unreached including vulnerable groups.
- Center based wellness and lifestyle change clinic for NCDs Risk factor prevention and control and proper referral.
- Advocacy for policy change.
- Adolescent Health programs for in-School and out of School youths.
- Nutrition education and dietary approach to the prevention of diseases.
- Orphans and vulnerable children’s education service.
- Center-based cancer support services@ her cancer support group center
- Stroke support and rehabilitation services- @ her Life after Stroke Center (LASC).
- Community water and sanitation programs (WASH) to improve hygiene and reduce water related diseases.
How we Function
The initiative works with government, public and private organization including health institutions, non-government organizations, funding agencies, within and outside Nigeria, community based organizations, faith based organizations, professional associations on health, and other communities. Our idea of this wide range of partnership is to strengthen health system through primary health care services and utilizations to the optimal benefit of the rural communities and the less privileged for positive development.
The initiatives capacity building ranges from empowering the providers and the beneficiaries for positive impact on health and health system development in-line with WHO universal health coverage (UHC) principles.
The target audience of the initiative shall include:
- Rural and urban communities.
- Health workers in need of health knowledge to enhance their capacity for quality service delivery.
- The vulnerable groups (women and children, youths and elderly and disabled).
- Public and private institutions/organizations.
- Stroke and cancer survivors, careers and family members, and at Risk individuals.
In order to achieve above enunciated mission and strategies, HDI will be sourcing funds from grant provisioning, philanthropic organizations, donor agencies/funders, and through contributions from members, the public, individuals, groups and establishments.
HDI Service deliveries is aimed at improving health status and reducing disease and death burden in families, communities and society at large.